One of my New Years Resolutions was to run Ragnar Relay this year. This is a relay run with 12 fun and entertaining people, starting in Logan and ending in Park City.

Our start time was 9:20 am and we ran to Eden. From Eden our second van started their 1st leg and ran to Snowbasin. We found a park, ate our lunch, and cooled off before we started our second leg at Snowbasin.
Go Amber!!!! Get your run on!

Van 2 squirting Matt and the volunteers at the top of
snowbasin road.

Go Matt!! Look at that speed.

we have the best team!

My wonderful family came up to support us!!! I loved having my kids there to cheer me on. We began our run in Mt. Green at 6:30 pm and arrived at East Canyon at 11:30 pm.

We slept for about 2 hours from 1:00 am to 3:00 am after eating
Fazolies and a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich, very strange combo!! The sleeping arraignment was even stranger. We slept on wrestling mats spread out in a Junior high schools gym room cafeteria and wrestling room (looked like a refugee camp or something) with literally thousands of other people. After that we mustered up the energy to cheer each other on (barely at 4:15 am). Our third leg began in Kamas, very beautiful area if you have not been in this area and have some gas to waste…. Drive through Kamas, Oakley and Francis.
Ranee doing water support for Katie. Check out the sweaty wedgy on the suburban... We are not artist...

Amber running through Kamas at 5 in the morn!!!

Amber and Katie pass the baton!!! Go team sweaty wedgy's!

The girls of van #1, Katie, Amber and Ranee.

Look at that team! They are so cool!

This was such an amazing experience, one of those that while you are getting ready you are like how the hell am I going to pull this off, and now I am amazed and so happy I actually did it. It was a great experience and I can't wait until next year to run this fun relay with everyone again.
Our team did this amazing feet in 28 hours and 15 minutes. We came in at #247, Out of #546 teams.
7 comments:
I am so proud of you and your Sweaty Wedgy team! You all rock.
GO BARBIE!!! I think I'm doing it next year...you've inspired me!
Way to go Barbie! WooHoo!!!!
You are amazing, wonderful sister/mother/wife/daughter/friend!
we love & miss you
love me
You're awesome Barb!!! Good job toots!!
I am upset at the absence of pics of you in these, but i thank you for the experience because it was great and would have never done it without you! Love u,
Love am
That is so sweet! I knew Amber was doing that but had no idea you and Katie did it too! Nice work, you guys rock! I doubt my lazy but would ever do something like that!
Post a Comment